Re: Approved TAG finding: Authoritative Metadata

Le 8 août 06 à 18:37, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:58:45 +0200, Elliotte Harold
> <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
>> Vincent Quint wrote:
>>> All,
>>>  The W3C Technical Architecture Group (TAG) has approved
>>> yesterday the  finding Authoritative Metadata:
>>>      http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect-20060412
>>>

>> I just got around to reading this one. I just want to say this was
>> excellent work all around. This is a very important and well-laid
>> out finding, and I plan on referring to it in a few bug reports
>> I'm now going to file on various products. :-) Thanks!
>
> I hope you keep in mind that some might not be able to fix the
> "bug"[1]. That is, if you file bugs against browser vendors.
> [1]<http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1154950069&count=1>

As Ian expressed it, it's closely related to the possibility of
[configuring][2] the servers, Which is not often the case.

And here "Configuring" doesn't necessary mean a conscious choice, but
you can imagine that during the publishing, the client and the server
exchange enough information to be able to set a mime type.

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/chips/#gl7

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***