RE: EndpointRefs-47

It would make the association of EPRs to URIs dependent on a WSDL file,
perhaps similarly to making the association of an instance to a type
dependent upon a schema definition.

I think the general idea is that an EPR minter that is using Reference
Parameters is saying "echo this back to me" and thus there isn't the
same need for generically self-describing QNames in URIs.  I think there
is a potential - though maybe small - problem that the receiver of a Ref
Param in a URI must have recreated the Ref Param QName before the
"dispatch on SOAP header" software is invoked and will be coupled to
that QName to URI binding.

I fail to see the problem with coupling the RefP to URI mapping to a
WSDL file.  Here are the scenearios:

If an EPR minter uses some algorithm for mapping the RefP into the URI
and gives the EPR to a client, then the client either has the wsdl or
not.
1) If it has the wsdl, then life is good.
2) If it doesn't have the WSDL, then the client probably doesn't know
what the algorithm is (unless the EPR is adorned with the mapping
algorithm identifier but let's exclude that for now), then the client
will use the EPR via SOAP headers and won't use HTTP GET.
3) If the client generates a URI using the algorithm that it knows about
and then gives that URI to some other software that doesn't know about
the algorithm, then presumably things are still good as the client has a
URI.

The only failure case I can see is if somebody thinks that scenario #2,
that is an EPR with a Ref Param and No WSDL should not work when the Ref
Params are echoed as SOAP header blocks, and that hardly seems like a
failure case giving that's the entirety of the EPR world today.

Cheers,
Dave

{http://www.example.org/WidelyUsed/PhysicsParams/}ExperimentCode