Re: Draft minutes of 18-October-2005 TAG Telcon

On 10/18/05, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> In any case, the point I was making on the call is that the source
> of the background information about this case is not reliable
> and that the W3C should get the actual facts straight before
> making an issue out of it.  I have no idea what those facts may be
> and am not comfortable with advocacy based on speculation.

I think this is the wise course of action. I am glad the TAG is
investigating. My post was simply intended to help the TAG gather some
of those facts.

It would be especially depressing if this guy got a criminial
conviction for what appears to be a bug in Safari and an overeaction
by a web admin and the courts. Perhaps this is not the case, but it
seems plausible and worth looking into.

Tyler

--
The web-calculus is the union of REST and capability-based security:
http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/

Name your trusted sites to distinguish them from phishing sites.
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=957