Re: More on distinguishing information resources from other resources

Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> So I welcome additions to this list, that is, of real http: URIs
> without fragids which evidently do _not_ identify information
> resources.

How about real http: URIs that do not identify anything?
(are they still URIs?)

http://example.com:8232/nowt/

(I made up a port number since the controllers of
example.com and example.org are running an HTTP
service (using an obsolete version of apache last time I
looked, I hope HTTP_REFERERs aren't logged...)).

> And an argument to back up the claim that they don't.

If we take 404'ing URIs to still "be" URIs, then ones that
fail to name something, presumably are also failing to
name something that is an information resource.

If someone could educate me on current wisdom re
whether http://example.com:8232/nowt/ is really a URI
rather than merely a string with a URI-compatible
syntactic form, I'd be grateful.

cheers,

Dan