Re: minutes TAG 22 Feb for review

Dan Connolly wrote:

>Please review:
> Technical Architecture Group (TAG) Weekly Teleconference -- 22 Feb 2005
> http://www.w3.org/2005/02/22-tagmem-minutes.html
> $Revision: 1.14 $ of $Date: 2005/02/22 21:15:26 $
>
>Plain text copy attached.

<snip/>

>  issue review. abstractComponentRefs-37
>
>   DO: this came from a request from the web services description WG...
>   ... (1) when we come up with a component designator, is it designating an
>   abstract component, or a piece of syntax in the WSDL doc?
>   ... (2) [missed?]
>   ... and the TAG said: (1) designates abstract component (2) we discussed
>   lots of options and said "yeah, the one in your WD is OK"
>
>   ( trying to confirm that we've approved this finding...
>   [37]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030 )

FWIW I am not aware that the draft finding has been approved by the TAG.

[Just because I've been digging to remind myself of some of the history]

We resolved the question raised by Jonathan Marsh [1] at our Bristol
meeting [2] along with an action  to David:
<quote>
[TB]

    NW: note that the latest JMarsh proposal has no parens or anything,
    very nice & clean
[tim-lex]
    Resolved: Using fragid is not only acceptable but preferable. We
    like the 0075 solutions with s/?/#/
[TB]
    DO: and to update draft finding saying that we like the latest best
    of all the ones we've seen
[tim-lex]
    Action DO: Write up this resolution in his finding on
    abstractComponentRefs-37
</quote>

I'm also surprised that I have been unable to find any trace of  us
reporting that resolution to the WSD-WG (other than implicitly by
updating the finding).

The revised draft finding was announced by Ian in Nov 2003 [3].

Unfortunately I can find no record of significant discussion of the
finding at our subsequent F2F in Japan [4] (or subsequently :-( )... in
particular Section 1 of the finding titled "TAG Recommendation".

FWIW I think the draft finding looks substantially complete and I
apologise to David that we appear to have failed to discuss it
substantially since it was last published.

Regards

Stuart
--
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0042.html