Re: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

* Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com> [2005-02-13 12:11-0800]

> On Feb 10, 2005, at 10:55 AM, Elliotte Harold wrote:
>
> >>You are confusing the bag with the stuff in the bag
> >>(no negative connotation intended).
> >
> >Your entire premise seems to be based on an article of faith that
> >collections cannot change. While this position is logically
> >self-consistent, I find nothing inconsistent in the alternate position
> >that collections can change. Furthermore, I think allowing mutable
> >collections of names is more practically useful for the development of
> >the Web and other XML-based technologies.
>
> +1  -Tim

+1

I'd say the majority of RDF/XML namespaces have evolved in-place,
ie. added or tweaked things on the basis of deployment experience.
It's a method that comes with some costs, but shipping out a
whole new namespace URI is also expensive.

Dan