RE: Significant W3C Confusion over Namespace Meaning and Policy

I assume you are talking about the document at
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning. If so I don't see how this
addresses the core issue that the W3C has inconsistent practices when it
comes to versioning core XML standards and tends to favor backwards
incompatible revisions of specifications.

That document is simply a laundry list of approaches to versioning XML
formats and not guidance on what the W3C or the average vocabulary
author should do when versioning a format.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
New systems generate new problems.

rights.