Re: IRIEverywhere-27

* Jon Hanna wrote:
>When an IRI is contained in an XML document it is the UCS string
>conveyed by the XML, not the other-wise encoded string that is an
>artefact of the XML document's encoding, that is the IRI, as has always
>been the case with URIs (and in HTML documents back when we talked of
>URLs rather than URIs).

Yes, as I said, you might well argue that the requirement does not apply
to formats based on Unicode; on the other hand Martin argues that the
requirement should not be too difficult to implement because the Infoset
includes information about the original encoding of the document, and he
wouldn't really cite that if the requirement does not apply to XML.