Re: draft finding on Authoritative Metadata

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:32:49 +0100
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
CC: W3C TAG <www-tag@w3.org>

Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I have updated the finding on Authoritative Metadata
>
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect
>
> with an extensive rewrite to make the principles apply equally
> to both clients and servers.  The only part that isn't finished is
> the one section I was originally intending to add, which is the
> example scenario for distributed authoring.  However, the bulk of
> the finding is ready for review.
>
> Every line has changed, so there is no point in creating a diff.

I think I violently disagree with (in
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect#dav-scenario>):

"...

2. change the configuration such that future 200 responses to
GET /something.html will be served as "application/pdf",
thus preserving the client's stated intent.

(2) is bad implementation,

..."

(see my previous comment in May in
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005May/0011.html>).