RE: TAG requests help with examples of WS-Addressing

HI David,

I agree we need to be careful, and I apologize in advance since I have
not actively been following the discussions in this WG and am not
familiar in detail with recent spec changes and therefore unaware of the
distinction between MAPs and Actions.

In the case of WS-Transactions, the MEPs are correlated one-ways.  They
are not request-response, and therefore the service provider (i.e.
transaction participant) will have no way of contacting the coordinator
without a valid EPR in the SOAP header.

Even in the case of request-response, however, when the HTTP is lost, so
is the equivalent of the "reply to" address (which is actually why the
transaction specs use correlated one-ways), meaning that its presence in
the SOAP header is helpful when retries or reliability acknowledgements
are required.

I was not trying to suggest that EPRs are required in all cases, simply
making the point that some of the specs dependent upon WSA define a
system level usage that also validates the need for them.

How

Eric

+1 781 902 8366

fax: +1 781 902 8009