RE: Information resources?

Well, I think it's useful to have a term such as "web resource",
or perhaps "web accessible resource" to differentiate between
resources which are significant to the web versus resources
which are not.

A "web resource" is significant to the web layer.
A "resource" is significant to the semantic web layer.

Thus we have the terminology to describe the intersection/relationship
between the web and the semantic web -- such that the set of resources
significant to the web is a subset of the set of resources significant
to the semantic web.

Whether the term itself is "web resource" or "booga" or "pumpkin",
should still be a matter of discussion (as long as the term is *not*
"information resource" ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick