Re: xml11Names-46

On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 08:40, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> At 2:24 PM +0200 6/12/04, Jacek Kopecky wrote:
>
> >1) specifications that build on XML should tie themselves to XML 1 or
> >just XML, and already existing Recommendations should issues erratas to
> >that effect;
> >2) it must be clarified in the Infoset specification that it isn't tied
> >to any particular XML version (or XML 1 sub-version);
>
> In other words, you want to rewrite history.

I'm quite sympathetic to this point... I'd like to know where it
should be discussed, because www-tag is not the place.

The point about whether this is a good or bad candidate
for an erratum; i.e. it's a process issue, which is
out of scope for the TAG:

"The TAG should not consider administrative, process, or organizational
policy issues of W3C, which are generally addressed by the W3C Advisory
Committee, Advisory Board, and Team."
 -- http://www.w3.org/2001/07/19-tag