Re: [namespaceDocument-8] grokRDDL.xsl mapping to RDF

On Jan 15, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I have one gripe about the rddl4 design: it doesn't say
> how to indicate what namespace you're talking about; i.e.
> how to pick out... http://www.rddl.org/ from
>
> | ... identified by the URI <code>http://www.rddl.org/</code>
>
> I kludged it in the XSLT thusly:
>
>   <!-- @@KLUDGE! but we need some way to find out what
>   namespace we're talking about -->
>   <xsl:variable name='subjectNamespace'
> select='/h:html//h:code[starts-with(., "http://")]/text()'/>
>
> What's a good way to mark this up? Something like
>
> 	<code class="theNameSpace">http://www.rddl.org/</code>

That's a nice kludge!

> would work... or we could make a 'self' purpose and use that...

> rddl:purpose="http://www.rddl.org/purposes#self">http://www.rddl.org/

This seems like a cleaner solution to me.

> In sum, I like rddl4 but for
>   1. Some pending edits we've discussed:
>    - a hello-world example
>    - DTD foo

An XHTML Modularization conformant DTD is here:

http://www.rddl.org/rddl-xhtml-2.dtd

basically the DTD just needs to define the RDDL namespace as a #FIXED
attribute, and add the rddl:nature and rddl:purpose attributes to the
<a> element .... the complexity of the DTD is all XHTML Modularization
grunge.

Jonathan