RE: comment on draft finding on abstract component references

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your comments which have been duely noted by the TAG. I'm
responding on behalf of the TAG with the intent of improving our interaction
with the XML Schema WG.

With respect to the finding in question, at present a draft finding, the TAG
very much invite comment from the XML Schema WG (and the wider community).
For information, the draft has been updated [1] since your meeting of 30th
October, the current draft is at [2]. Comments should be sent to
www-tag@w3.org.

I'm also aware that at the mid-November AC meeting there were some informal
interactions between some XML Schema WG participants and some TAG
participants  which touched on some of topics you raise. Obviously this was
not a formal interaction, however it has served to raise awareness amongst
TAG participants of some of the concerns apparent below. My hope is that
this will lead to improved working between our respective groups.

On that topic (improved working), a significant proportion of the TAG expect
to be present throughout the week at the W3C Technical Plenary. We will be
holding our own F2F during that week, but our intent is also to liase with
other working groups as well. We have a number of topics that would benefit
from F2F discussion with the XML Schema WG including (but not limited to
:-)):

a) Abstract Component References and Schema Component Designators [*]
b) Extensiblity and versioning of XML Languages (ref: *draft* findings [3])
c) Comments on the TAGs LC Webarch Document [4] that XML Schema may wish to
discuss with the TAG.

If possible, I'd like us to agree in principle to such a F2F meeting during
the Tech Plenary week. We can then work (offline) on the logistics of
whether we meet within the alotted F2F times of one or other Group - or at
some other mutually convenient time. Please let me know this will be
possible for the point of view of the XML-Schema WG.

Best regards

Stuart Williams
On Behalf of W3C TAG.
--
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Nov/0008.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/abstractComponentRefs-20031030

[*] There is some interest amongst the TAG to know when the next public WD
of Component Designators will be available. The version referenced below
appears to be member-only.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Oct/att-0027/Findingabstract
ComponentRefs-37.html
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2003/10/20-tag-summary.html