Re: Arch Doc: 18 Sep: abstract

> On Tuesday, Sep 23, 2003, at 00:19 Europe/London, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>

>> + A resource is considered to be "on the Web" if it can be
>> independently
>> + referred to by at least one Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), even
>> if
>> +access to that resource is restricted.

I think it is important to also require that, for a resource to
be on the web, that it be intended (though not garunteed) that
the URI used to denote the resource is resolvable to one or more
representations.

I.e., simply using any arbitrary URI to denote a resource does not
mean that that resource is "on the web" as the URI in question may
not be meaningful to any protocol available for resolution to a
representation.

C.f. the thread beginning with

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jul/0172.html

Cheers,