Re: Requesting a revision of RFC3023

In the long term, I think the fundamental problem is with the large
number of encodings, not with the encoding identifications. The
example of US-ASCII very clearly shows the huge advantages of
having a single encoding.

This will of course take some time. As one example, N3 just says
that it's in UTF-8. For other new formats, that may make sense,
too.

Regards,     Martin.