Proposed restatement of syntax-based interoperability principle ( was RE: Action item on syntax-based interoperability)

Mike Champion writes:
>I have no reason to think that this would be acceptable to the TAG, but
>perhaps some bits can be harvested to tone down Tim's proposed text.

I'd strongly encourage the TAG to discard this entire suggestion, save
perhaps the last sentence.  Not only is it much longer than Tim's
original, but there is a reason for that: the statements it makes are
vastly more complicating for web architecture.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether