Re: some web architecture diagrams and RDF modelling

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:11:05 +0900
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>, www-tag@w3.org

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 18:10, Patrick Stickler wrote:
> On Saturday, Nov 15, 2003, at 18:27 Europe/Helsinki, ext Bill de hÓra
> wrote:
>

> > Dan Connolly wrote:
> >
> >> I got kinda inspired on the plane, and I'd like to talk
> >> about this in the meeting this week...
> >>   WebArch Diagrams
> >>   http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/fdesc54/
> >
> > [[[
> > A URI identifies a resource, which has a representation.
> > ]]]
> >
> > I think that should be:
> >
> > A URI identifies a resource, which has a set of representations
> >

> Which may also be the empty set. I.e.
>
> A URI identifies a resource, which has a set of zero or more
> representations.

The english text is meant to hark to the example, not
to be a formal specification of the relationships.

The formal spec doesn't constrain the number of
representations, so it allows zero or more.

A relevant excerpt from idRes.rdf:

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="webarch#representation">
  <rdfs:label>representation</rdfs:label>
  <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="webarch#Resource"/>
  <rdfs:range rdf:resource="webarch#Representation"/>
</owl:ObjectProperty>