Re: Rough sketch for an I-D (a successor of RFC 3023)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:08:17 -0600
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com> wrote:

> I don't know what the right answer is, but I note that one
> of the key reasons this issue is coming up now is that the
> XInclude spec was refused PR mostly on the basis of the fact
> that there was no official fragment identifier syntax for XML.
>
> (Makoto, correct me if I'm wrong, but I gather that was a key
> part of your objection to XInclude, and it was your objection
> that was key in having the XInclude PR refused.)

One of my objections is that XPointer is not registered as fragment identifiers.
However, my biggest objection is that XInclude sometimes ignore MIME (content-type)
in choosing text or XML, interpreting fragment identifiers, and determinig the charset.

Cheers,
--
MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>