Re: RDDL again

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 20:30, Tim Bray wrote:
> Sometime in the next few minutes,
> http://www.tbray.org/tag/rddl/rddl3.html will appear; it is a redraft of
> the RDDL spec to remove all the promised related-resources that aren't
> there.  Still outstanding: doing the XHTML-modularization work to make
> this technically legal.
>
> Also, http://www.twbray.org/tag/rddl/r2n3.pl, a perl program that reads
> RDDL and generates an N3 version of the equivalent RDF.  I haven't
> validated the N3 yet but I think it's right.

Hmm... I still think the way purpose is handled isn't what
you want/mean... e.g.

<> rddl:related <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt> ;
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt> rddl:nature <http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/text/plain> ;
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt> rddl:purpose <http://www.rddl.org/purposes#normative-reference> ;

RFC2396 is a normative reference *for rddl*. I'd expect that to be
written:

<> <http://www.rddl.org/purposes#normative-reference> <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt> .

I thought we discussed this in Hawaii, but the record
(http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0505-agenda)
doesn't include the picture we drew on the flip-chart. :-{

To elaborate the issue a bit, consider:

 <recipies> rddl:related <kindsOfFood>.
 <kindsOfFood> rddl:nature rddl-aux:Text.
 # recipies are normatively specified to produce various kinds of food
 <kindsOfFood> rddl:purpose rddl-aux:normative-reference.

 <restaurants> rddl:related <kindsOfFood>.
 <kindsOfFood> rddl:nature rddl-aux:Text.
 # restaurants are informatively documented to serve various kinds of food
 <kindsOfFood> rddl:purpose rddl-aux:informative-reference.

All we know from those statements is that <kindsOfFood> is both a normative
and an informative references; we've lost the fact that it's normative
for <recipies> and informative for <restaurants>.

and a nit: N3 statements are terminated by periods. Semicolons
are used for something else.