Re: erratum Re: resources and URIs

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 20:20:29 -0400
To: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
cc: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>, www-tag@w3.org

> >(I love this thread, in all its futile glory :)
>
> I hope it is not futile, as a lot of technology depends crucially on
> getting the answers right.

I wonder if you could sketch out, briefly, some specific cases where
technology depends on our answers here.  Such a sketch would, I think,
amount to one or more use cases (and potential test cases) for a
URI-semantics specification.

In terms of futility, I was reminded of when DanBri brought the term
"theory of reference" into this discussion, with suitable horror-movie
theme music [1].

     -- sandro

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2001Aug/0130.html
    (actually, it's text/plain; the music was all in my head.)