Re: resources and URIs

----- Original Message -----
From: "ext Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: "ext Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>; "pat hayes" <phayes@ihmc.us>;
<www-tag@w3.org>; "Pat Hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Sent: 17 July, 2003 19:45
Subject: Re: resources and URIs

> > > [folks with other opinions on httpRange-14 disagree,
> > > I believe.]
> >
> > Let us hope they end up a majority.
>
> I think both ideas can co-exist effectively.   We can work on "Best
> Practices" advice, without outlawing anything.

I don't see how the use of URIrefs with fragIds could
be promoted as a "best practice" given all the problems
it raises.

Also, such a "best practice" would be in direct conflict
with another "best practice", namely: don't peek inside
URIs.

Hopefully, the TAG will not be recommending conflicting
best practices...

> Some of us have been trying to gather consensus discussions of the
> issues on the ESW wiki [1].  It's a medium with less tendency towards
> repeated arguments.  Feel free to read and contribute.
>
>          -- sandro
>
> [1] You might start at: http://esw.w3.org/topic/HashVsSlash

Thanks.

Patrick