RE: Rationalizing the term URI

<pedantry>
Whether a QName is a {URI, localname} pair depends on what W3C
recommendation you are reading. The Namespaces in XML REC considers it
to be a {prefix, localname} pair while the W3C XML Schema Datatypes
recommendation created a type [without a canonical form] called xs:QName
which is lexically a {prefix, localname} pair but logically a {URI,
localname} pair.
</pedantry>

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
In any calculation, any error which can creep in will do so.

rights.