RE: Proposed issue: site metadata hook (slight variation)

Yes. Exactly.

The Web methods GET, PUT, etc. enable you to interact
with the book.

The SW methods MGET, MPUT, etc. enable you to interact
with the description of the book, with the card from
the card catalog, so to speak.

If you *want* to give that card its own name, fine, but
usually folks just say "the card for book X". It's
normal behavior to refer to such bodies of knowledge
indirectly. That doesn't mean you have to, but it's
reasonable for the default mode of operation to do so.

> I can see that working well.  I'm not
> convinced it is necessary but I leave
> that to those more familiar with the
> issues of fielding new verbs.

I can appreciate that new HTTP verbs are expensive.

But we are not talking here about just yet another
web application.

We are talking about a new layer to the web architecture,
an extension to the fabric of the web itself which will
enable us to realize the semantic web.

And I think that's worth the expense of a few choice nre
verbs...

The only seeming "issue" with this proposal is that
some folks (perhaps rightly) feel that the cost of these
new verbs is too expensive.

If another means of accomlishing the same thing can be
found that works with the existing verbs and other machinery
of HTTP, great, but I've yet to see another approach that
achieves the same ends with the same clarity and safety
of interpretation.

> Thanks for the explanation!

Your most welcome.

Cheers,