RE: httpRange-14

It requires agreement by a community to share an interpretation that
specifies that is what HTTP-URIs name.

It is true, HTTP-URIs used as names, rather than web retrievers,
could be used to name anything.  The meaning of names is with the
namer(s).

But we can agree that HTTP-URIs, when used as names, will name those
very things that are retrieved by the Web.  This is possible and makes
a huge difference.  If all (or most) of us agree that HTTP-URIs name
the things retrieved, then suddenly RDF now has a huge set of things
to talk about.  Additionally, it makes it possible for any logical
language (KIF,CG) to talk about those Web things.  HTTP-URIs, along
with a community with this shared interpretation is *not* necessary -
but is sufficient to create trillions of global, unique, unambiguous
topics of conversation.  This agreement makes the connection between
the semantic and functional web realms.  And these are important things
to have named - as important as the web itself.

It took me a while, but now I think this is the best choice for what
the community should agree that HTTP-URIs name.  I guess Information
Resources will work, although I think it could be explained better.

Now - how do we name the rest of the resources that one would like to be
able to talk about with RDF, i.e., people, galaxies, cars and so on.
Hmm. I'll start studying this idea of fragIds....