Re: My action item on Moby Dec, issue 14, etc

Am Freitag den, 20. September 2002, um 20:52, schrieb Roy T. Fielding:

>> Even seen it asserted in many places that a URI unambiguously
>> identifies a
>> single resource. I've not seen it asserted the other way round...
>> that a
>> resource is identified by a single URI. Such an assertion might be a
>> consequence of a definition of resource like Roy's about a
>> resource being a
>> conceptual mapping over time between an identifier and a set of
>> time varying
>> equivalent representations.
>
> Nope, it is N:1.  My definition of a resource does not say how many URI
> identify that resource.  I don't even mention them in the same
> paragraph.

In another thread on the uri list, you pointed out that:

"The mapping [of URIs] is the resource and the resource always
exists,[...]"
[1]

In terms of Tim Bray's alternatives (either the resource is the uri (a)
or it is a separate concept(b)) you seem to allow for both to be true.

I get the feeling I missed something here. Could you explain?

//Stefan

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2002Sep/0024.html