Re: Comments on Architectural Principles of the World Wide Web

At 12:54 PM 9/4/02 -0400, Joseph Reagle wrote:
>Is RDF rightfully considered a format? I think of it as a data-model that
>can be expressed in the XML format. (The use of "data format" to describe
>an application probably is correct, but counter to my intuition.)

I think yes, to the extent that the RDF specs do normatively define an
XML-based serialization format for the RDF data model.  Being close to the
different facets of RDF, I tend to use the term RDF/XML to describe this
format, but I think it's reasonable for a wider audience to expect the term
RDF to presume its XML serialization.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>