Re: Micropayments and principle 4 (retrieval is safe)

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:29:08AM -0700, Tim Bray wrote:
> Why not?  This is my reading.  I do *not* want to make payments, even
> micropayments, as a result of doing a GET, without have done an explicit
> prior authorization.

And even then ...

I don't want to be charged per GET, period.  If I'm going to be charged
per-page, it better be via POST, because I may be using a personal proxy
that does things like invoking GETs on my behalf to keep my cache fresh.

I think #4 is fine as is, but perhaps an additional example to cover
the pay-per-page case would be worthwhile?

MB