RE: IRIs everywhere (including XML namespaces)

If only...that's a very common request, but unfortunately, the schema WG has declined the requests (most recently at our f2f a few weeks OK as part of requirements discussion for v1.1) as a "slippery slope".  FYI, even if we had user-specifiable list delimeters, they would most likely not be settable in an instance but rather at schema (type definition) time...hence, you'd have to pick a delimiter that was not legal in any IRI...are there any such characters?

pvb