Re: Use of fragment identifiers in XML

Chris Lilley writes:
>SSL> but this recent post of mine to uri@w3.org might be
>SSL> relevant:
>
>SSL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2002Oct/0027.html
>
>SSL> URI references and fragment identifiers seem to have grown more
>SSL> complex over the years, especially in XML contexts, and it seems
>SSL> worthwhile at this point to discuss how they work once again.
>
>Pointing to a bare id does not seem over complex to me. Your general
>point is likely valid but the relevance to this example is not shown.

That's fine - I just wasn't sure what exactly the example was saying,
and if it's a matter of "pointing to an element vs. pointing to a thing"
the drafts discussed at the URL I provided just amplify that we're
pointing at elements in this process.

I think that means I agree with your perspective, unless I've missed yet
another step in the URI dance.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether