Re: what is this? was: Re: now://example.org/car

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> What prevents me from asserting whatever I please about any given URI -- as
> long as the assertions are consistent?
> What necessitates that any particular URI have a specific rdf:range on its
> rdf:type? (to speak in a less human but more formal language). Doesn't
> RDF(S), for example, treat URIs as essentially opaque tokens ? (to consider
> formal systems)

I agree. I don't see why the syntax of a URI and its rdf:type (or
real-world type) should be related. I think that they are two orthogonal
issues. So I disagree with Tim B-L here:

  * http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2001Nov/0070.html

  Paul Prescod