Re: now://example.org/car (was lack of consensus on httpRange-14)

Julian Reschke wrote:

>>Exactly. By this time next year there may well be a REC-RDDL. All of the
>>  http namespaces that the W3C has created will point to RDDL files
>>which will give all kinds of useful information (both human readable and
>>machine readable) for those URIs. Whereas all of those
>>urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office URIs will never be
>>dereferencable. It is at least possible that this will prevent those
>

> Why "never"? (except for the problem that Microsoft is using unregistered
> URN schemes...)

I don't believe that universal URN registration schemes will be widely
deployed. I've been wrong before, but even if I am, wouldn't it be funny
if people flee away from HTTP to schemes that "do not imply dereference"
and then sometime in the future they imply dereference.

  Paul Prescod