RE: Let's get some principles nailed down

If you're reconciling the XPath data model and the infoset then I can't
see how you can't include having to reconcile the DOM as well. In the
DOM one can have adjacent text nodes while they can't exist in the
XQuery data model and the infoset is particularly silent on this with
its impractical description of character information items. Similar
issues exist with namespace declarations. CData sections which are
insignificant in both the infoset and the XPath data model are not in
the DOM.

Then there is all the type & sequences hoopla once you throw in the
XPath 2.0 data model.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Nature is a mother.