Re: URIEquivalence-15 and IRIs

At 22:16 02/05/27 -0500, Aaron Swartz wrote:
>On Monday, May 27, 2002, at 09:23  PM, Martin Duerst wrote:
>
>>>(in contrast to http:, where lower-case is dominant)
>
>It's not just a good idea, it's the law, no? That is, RFC2616 requires
>"http" to be in lower case and I don't see anything in RFC2396 about
>case-insensitive scheme comparison. Am I missing something?

3.1. Scheme Component

    Scheme names consist of a sequence of characters beginning with a
    lower case letter and followed by any combination of lower case
    letters, digits, plus ("+"), period ("."), or hyphen ("-").  For
    resiliency, programs interpreting URI should treat upper case letters
    as equivalent to lower case in scheme names (e.g., allow "HTTP" as
    well as "http").