Re: Proposed TAG Finding: Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 15:38, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On behalf of the TAG, I have published
>
>    "TAG Finding: Internet Media Type registration,
>     consistency of use" [1].
>
> The TAG invites people to review this finding. The TAG
> will consider this finding "accepted" unless there
> is substantial opposition expressed on this list
> prior to 28 May (say, end of day Boston time).

It looks mostly fine.  I have only a few concerns.

1) A number of people who should review this document are at XML Europe,
and will not likely be out of jetlag before 28 May.  An extra week might
be useful.

2) I worry about the link to RFC 3023 over time.  If RFC 3023 has
successors, will that require a new publication of this document?  This
document is in large part a reference to that RFC.

3) It might be worth taking the opportunity to get rid of the text/
mess.  The discussion of misleading charset information might be a very
good place to do that.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!