Re: updated findings on whenToUseGet

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:14:20 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Dan, re "All important resources should be identifiable by URI", in the
Web Services Architecture WG (for whom I am not speaking), we've already
had a brief discussion about interpreting that statement; David Orchard
questioned[1] whether a stock quote is "important" and whether it needs
a URI.

To me (and to David, apparently), "important" suggests that there's a
large burden in creating a new URI; clearly there is a burden[2], but I
think "important" overstates it.  Perhaps a weaker adjective would be
useful; "consequential" maybe?  I'm not sure.

Not a big deal, but I thought you'd appreciate receiving feedback from
somebody who's tried (unsuccessfully) to use the TAG's findings in their
work inside a WG.

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002May/0033
 [2] http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

MB