RE: section 1, intro, for review

Actually, to me it's more of an expansion of the scope of the web.  I'd
rather have a more inclusive web, that includes different models.  The
invarients are more to do with the uniformity of access aspects,
particularly URIs and XML, imo.

To a certain extent, I think that adding on XML started the evolution to
additional processing/information models.  With the restrictiveness of HTML,
a shared information model makes a lot of sense.  I also tend to think that
information models and processing models are quite related.  But with XML, I
can have one document that might target different resources/components with
sub portions of the document.  So the Extensible part of XML meant we can
develop extensible information or processing models.

So I find it not suprising at all that changing one variable (adding
extensible data interchange models via XML) means a change to a different
variable (adding different information models to a single information
model).  Often these changes happen in ways we didn't expect - law of
unintended consequences.  That's the way architectures and other things
evolve.

I'd prefer a web with principles that evolve.  At a deeply personal level,
that's the primary reason I ran for the TAG.

Cheers,
Dave