Re: Background information on GET and XForms (was: GET should be encouraged...)

On Monday 28 January 2002 03:20 am, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > As far as I understand, there is nothing against GET with body,
> > and it should be seriously considered for XForms.
>
> I do not believe this is the case. The semantic of GET is "here is a
> URI identifying a resource. Please get it for me." A body makes no
> sense in that context. It would be analogous to sending a body with
> a SQL query.

If what you claim is true, GET+URL-encoding shouldn't be allowed
either... the queries should be mapped into the URI space instead.

The fact is that HTTP has pretty much always *allowed* a body on a
GET, and still does. Using the body actually simplifies many things.