Re: Background information on GET and XForms (was: GET should be encouraged...)

Shakeel Mahate wrote:

> What rammifications does this have on the XForms deprecation of GET?
>
> I concur that QUERY is what XForms needs

XForms needs to support GET. People who use XForms need access to every
reasonable data-submitting semantic defined by HTTP. That means it must
support GET. If there is ever a new method called QUERY then of course
XForms should support that also. But GET is much more important than
QUERY. GET will always be more important than QUERY because GET is
bookmarkable, RDF-addressable, XSLT-integratable and otherwise
addressable. GET is the most important method on the Web and QUERY is
not going to change that.

 Paul Prescod