RE: uri-comp draft necessary?

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 08:43, Misha Wolf wrote:
> The main question for me is on which strings do you carry
> out the strcmp:
>
> 1.  The strings as they appear in (an) XML document(s)
>
> 2.  The strings processed in accordance with:
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#AVNormalize
>
> The first is wrong; the second is right.

Well, provided the string contains only US-ASCII characters,
that's pretty much the end of the story.

But if it has other characters (i.e. if it's not actually
a URI), you have to reduce
it to the URI character set before doing the
strcmp().

And if what's in the XML document is a relative
URI reference, you need to combine it with the
base before doing the strcmp().

So yes, I think there's something worth saying.