Re: URIs: resources and contradictions was: Re: httpRange proposed text

On Friday, August 2, 2002, 9:37:41 PM, Norman wrote:

NW> / "Jonathan Borden" <jonathan@openhealth.org> was heard to say:
NW> | I would say what Joshua said even more strongly (this *is* a core
NW> | principle):
NW> |
NW> | "
NW> | When two people use the same URI to identify a resource _they are
NW> | identifying the same resource_
NW> | "
NW> |
NW> | This is true by definition (indeed an axiom)

NW> I'm not sure how to reconcile your statement that this is
NW> axiomatically true when I believe it is obviously false.

You can make it true by defining a resource as 'what a URI
identifies'. Sinc eresources, like neutrinos, are slippery little
things trhat can only be observed by the traces they leave in passing,
it sort of make ssense and also makes the statement above 100% true.