RE: whenToUseGet-7 counter-proposal

XML-Protocol has messages with explicit 'mustUnderstand' flags. HTTP has
messages with implied 'mustUnderstand' semantics.
In both cases, you can't technologically guarantee that the implementation
that processes the message will actually observe the 'mustUnderstand'
intent. And in both cases, the sender will expect to be held non-liable for
any damages from intentionally or unintentionally incorrect receiver
implementations.
Pleading "but I don't want to read the spec" won't help.

I've built HTTP systems that violently abused GET in order to provide a more
friendly user experience - luckily we had security and spiders didn't damage
the information. But I acknowledged that this abuse was intentional and I
accepted responsibility for potentially faulty server implementations that
may have accidentally allowed data to be deleted.

I don't see a problem with the application known as WWW specifying a
contractual obligation that 'GET should be safe'.

Mike