RE: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 23:28, Anne Thomas Manes wrote:
> If the "Web architecture" is such a *very* difficult thing
> to understand, perhaps that's why most users don't feel particularly
> concerned that SOAP doesn't conform.

I think Mark misspoke a bit when claiming that Web architecture per se
is a *very* difficult thing to understand.  It isn't.  It's dirt
simple.  The *very* difficult thing to understand is how such a dirt
simple architecture can obviate the need for all of the rest of this
"Web Services" complexity we seem hell-bent on inflicting on ourselves.

It's hard to grasp the power and depth and universality of the very
simple thing in front of us.  Without either a leap of faith or a
gestalt moment of some kind it's easy to miss the fact that whatever we
might think we might need RPC for can be done more simply and with
better effect otherwise.

$0.02,

jb