Re: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7)

On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at 06:36  PM, Mark Baker wrote:

> Without a doubt, Web services are important to the membership.  Nobody
> would argue with that.  The question being asked is, are Web services
> important to the Web?  Do they help lead the Web to its full potential?
> Roy, myself, and everybody else I've talked to who understands Web
> architecture, agrees that they don't.

TimBL, with his director's cap on, made a presentation [1] at the AC
meeting in Hong Kong that belies this (there was a nice RDF-generated
SVG illustration of this that I can't seem to find, at the moment).

The Web is bigger than HTTP.

1. http://www.w3.org/2001/04/30-tbl

--
Mark Nottingham