Re: Fwd: Re: Rectangle height and width

Hi all,

Just adding my vote here: I'm 200รท with Steven here: it makes no sense to
me to restrict width and height to be positive. I have both a degree in
pure math and a PhD in Computer Science. APIs are not theoretical math:
they are useful tools to create content. Allowing sizes to be negative has
many use cases for artists without always an easy workaround (due to
interpolation, timing, etc.). Many (most?) 2D API framworks allow rectangle
sizes to be negative. There are no downsides that I know of not allowing
it, and it's generally trivial to implement.

Best Regards,
Boris
https://vgc.io