Re: Rectangle height and width

While I agree with you both that it would be a mathematical convenience to
define negative width/height as an inversion of the rectangle, but I think
it is far too late to change this now. The restriction on negative numbers
has been there since the beginning and is supported universally.

Furthermore, with SVG 2 conversion of width and height to presentation
attributes with matching CSS properties means that we need to match the
syntax used for the CSS properties, which have the same restriction.

In contrast, the startOffset restriction was changed much earlier on, and
didn't affect any other specifications.

~Amelia