Suggestion: Future SVG Updates

From: Francis Hemsher <fhemsher@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 08:37:36 -0400
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi All,

Browser updates for the SVG 2 will most likely to be to adopt various new
features individually rather than the complete package.
The method for current browser updates no longer takes the 'Candidate
Recommendation'  approach; they are always updating as required. Therefore
why shouldn't SVG do this?
It seems to me that building and formalizing individual new features in SVG
would be in keeping with the browser's update methods. Also, we, the
developers, wouldn't have to wait 5 years hence to apply them.

Regards,
Francis Hemsher