Re: [svg2] Should <use> be allowed to reference <view> elements?

As far as referencing a view in the same document, the circular reference
issues would come into effect, similar to a <use> referencing the parent
<svg> element.  However, if you wanted to <use> a particular view of an SVG
in a different file, it could be useful.

>From an authoring perspective,

<use href="otherFile.svg#view" />

isn't that much different from

<image href="otherFile.svg#view" />

except that you should get style inheritance for the <use>.

>From an implementation perspective, however, we'd need special rules to
enable this.  Basically, you would be re-using the <svg> (and all it's
child content), but with the modified attributes, title, and desc from the
view.

~Amelia