W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > June 2015

Minutes, 25 June 2015 SVG WG telcon

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds <amelia.bellamy.royds@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 15:19:10 -0600
Message-ID: <CAFDDJ7zCRfsb=Z1S2aAD6poMq7+Rpcq2GY2-35GC49RgqzOcYA@mail.gmail.com>
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>, SVG Working Group <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Minutes for today's telcon are available

As HTML: http://www.w3.org/2015/06/25-svg-minutes.html

As Plain text: http://www.w3.org/2015/06/25-svg-minutes.html,text

And copied below for easy searching of the archives.

________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

25 Jun 2015

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2015Jun/0069.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/25-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          [Microsoft], ed, AmeliaBR, Thomas, stakagi, Tav,
          shepazu, nikos, Smailus, Rossen, bogdan

   Regrets
          heycam, chris_little

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          AmeliaBR

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Publishing an SVG Path Module
         2. [6]Sydney 2016 Face-to-Face
         3. [7]Update on SVG Accessibility Task Force
         4. [8]Update Web Annotation WG
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 25 June 2015

   <Smailus> What happened to the WebEx change... is that still
   happening?

   <shepazu> Smailus, yes

   Smailus: we're on Webex, didn't realize Zakim was still
   working:
   [10]https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mff18becb94b12541dd5ca
   b8d86361dae

     [10] https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mff18becb94b12541dd5cab8d86361dae

   <Smailus> +smailus

   <scribe> Scribenick: AmeliaBR

Publishing an SVG Path Module

   [11]https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/

     [11] https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/

   ed: We've extracted this from the SVG 2 spec, not much else has
   happened to it yet.

   <ed> ed: I removed the old SVGPathSeg API from svg2 and the
   path module

   <ed> ... and added the newly proposed API to path modules

   ed: SVG 2 now only has the path commands from SVG 1.1

   Tav: The changes section is missing the new path bearing
   command

   ed: We wanted to publish this at the same time as SVG 2, I
   don't know if anyone else has something they want to add?

   <ed> [12]https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#InterfaceSVGPathSegment

     [12] https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#InterfaceSVGPathSegment

   <ed> [13]https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#InterfaceSVGPathData

     [13] https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#InterfaceSVGPathData

   <ed> [14]https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#InterfaceSVGPathElement

     [14] https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#InterfaceSVGPathElement

   AmeliaBR: I'm concerned about removing the old DOM interfaces
   if we don't have a replacement

   Nikos: Did you add in the new proposed interfaces

   <ed> ed: the replacement is in the path module

   ed: Yes [See links above]

   <ed> [15]https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#ChangesSinceSVG2 should
   mention the bearing command too

     [15] https://svgwg.org/specs/paths/#ChangesSinceSVG2

   AmeliaBR: There are other features I would eventually like to
   see in the paths module, such as the superpath concept, but
   they don't have to be in the first iteration

   <nikos> [16]http://moissinac.github.io/SuperPath/

     [16] http://moissinac.github.io/SuperPath/

   AmeliaBR: the benefit of a modular approach is the module can
   be updated separately from the rest of the SVG spec
   ... One thing we might want to include are the proposed DOM
   methods for shape to path and text to path.

   shepazu: I don't know where we'd put them, but I agree with the
   sentiment.
   ... we should initiate an email thread / wiki page about
   whether there are any other features that we want sooner or
   later

   ed: I don't want to delay publication to long, since we want to
   publish it at the same time as updated SVG 2
   ... so can we resolve?

   RESOLUTION: We will publish a first draft of the Paths module
   at the same time as an updated draft of SVG 2

Sydney 2016 Face-to-Face

   <ed> Houdini on 30–31 January, and CSS on 1–3 February. So it

   <ed> looks to make sense to have our meeting after that.

   <ed> I propose then that SVG meets 4–6 February.

   ed: Shane sent us the proposal for the Houdini and CSS F2F
   meeting dates, SVG would be right after

   <ed>
   [17]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-svg-wg/2015AprJun/
   0324.html

     [17] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-svg-wg/2015AprJun/0324.html

   ed: Are those dates okay with everyone?

   <ed>
   [18]https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/Sydney_2016

     [18] https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/Sydney_2016

   Rossen: That should be fine

   shepazu: How much overlap is there? Would it make sense to meet
   in parallel, instead of one after the other?

   Rossen: That's what I had suggested for Paris. Although I'm
   involved in both, I have colleagues who can attend CSS.

   shepazu: But then there are also some mostly-CSS people who it
   would be nice to work with.

   Rossen: We could maybe partly overlap, two days in parallel and
   one after, so that there won't be quite so many days of
   meetings in a row.

   Tav: I do want to make sure that the SVG meetings don't get
   squeezed out; I don't want to travel that far just for a day or
   two.

   Rossen: the SVg meeting wouldn't be any shorter, it would just
   be at the same time as CSS is meeting.

   Tav: That sounds good.

   Rossen: We could try to overlap two days, and have one day
   where there is no conflict with CSS. That way, those of us who
   are in both meetings can discuss any particular issues.

   shepazu: Will the meetings be co-located? Or are they hosted by
   different groups?

   Rossen: Most likely they will be the same location, so we can
   jump back and forth.

   AmeliaBR: Should we present this to the mailing list, or make a
   resolution now?

   Rossen: We can make a resolution, and if anyone has concerns we
   can change.

   ed: So let's resolve on a two-day overlap. The SVG meeting
   would be 2-4 February.

   RESOLUTION: The SVG WG will have a F2F meeting in Sydney 2-4
   February 2016, co-located with and partially overlapping the
   CSS WG meetings.

   ed: Do we have any confirmations from Mozilla about hosting the
   Paris F2F?

   <ed> [19]https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/Paris_2015

     [19] https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/F2F/Paris_2015

Update on SVG Accessibility Task Force

   AmeliaBR: We're currently working on two projects, the SVG
   Accessibility API mappings, which will tell browsers how to
   treat SVG content from an ARIA perspective, and a set of new
   ARIA roles for graphics.
   ... One issue that will need to be discussed more in the SVG WG
   is whether use elements should be treated as a single graphical
   element (which is what the TF is leaning towards) or to use an
   embedded object/web component model (more complex)

Update Web Annotation WG

   <stakagi> german

   shepazu: In web annotations, we're talking about ways to define
   shapes or regions of a page, and the selectors will be based on
   SVG shapes. And of course, we will also be looking at ways to
   annotate SVG documents.

   Bogdan: What about the proposal that new ideas should always be
   developed in Community Incubation Groups?

   [Discussion ensues]

   shepazu: I will follow up; my interpretation was very different
   from yours. I will look into it and try to get back to you.

   Bogdan: I'm not sure if we're supposed to keep track of all
   SVG-related community groups, and how that gets integrated with
   the SVG WG.

   <stakagi> bye

   trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015/06/25 21:16:50 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30
Check for newer version at [22]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: AmeliaBR
Inferring Scribes: AmeliaBR

WARNING: Replacing list of attendees.
Old list: Thomas_Smailus
New list: [Microsoft]

Default Present: [Microsoft]
Present: [Microsoft] ed AmeliaBR Thomas stakagi Tav shepazu nikos Smailu
s Rossen bogdan
Regrets: heycam chris_little
Agenda: [23]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2015Jun/0069.ht
ml

     [23] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2015Jun/0069.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 25 Jun 2015
Guessing minutes URL: [24]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/25-svg-minutes.html
People with action items:

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/25-svg-minutes.html


   [End of [25]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 25 June 2015 21:19:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 22:55:01 UTC