Re: SVG animations without SMIL

Tab,

I agree with your meta-point about not letting the perfect be the enemy of
the good, but SMIL has shown me that major vendor buy-in is a hard
requirement. I was assuming, maybe pessimistically, that the IE team would
not support implementing a new interpolation scheme for the old path syntax
any sooner than a new spec could be written. Would someone from Microsoft
be willing to comment?

With major vendor buy-in, I do support this.